Monday, May 31, 2010

Inspirational Artist Assignment


I had to draw 2 sketches that were inspired by the work of a modern day artist. (I actually get marks to do this stuff!) and I was thrilled to find out I was assigned Tim Burton to use as my inspiration. Tim is pretty well known for his work with films. He has directed and produced hit motion pictures such as Edward Scissor Hands, Batman, Batman Returns, Beetlejuice, The Nightmare Before Christmas, Mars Attacks, and Corpse Bride. Also mentionable, he directed the recent rendition of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005) as well as Alice in Wonderland (2010). However, his illustration talent which lead him to producing is not as well known as his film work. Tim Burton drew and designed his characters for many (almost all) of his animated films. Jack, Edward, Corpse Bride, the dark and dreary version of Penguin and Cat woman from Batman and many others! I had a great source of work to give me ideas. So... Check out my rendition of Tim Burton-esque art.
P.S. I used pencil for sketches and outlined my lines with a fine point pen. Critiques welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment