Monday, June 14, 2010

Say AHHHH! T-Rex Tooth!

This assignment was by far one of the most challenging for myself since I am not much of a sculpter. I made my very own recplica T-Rex fossilized K9 Tooth. I have included some of the pictures to show the process. Enjoy! Let me know what you think.

Step 1: Make wire framework for model (shirt hanger)


Step 2: Make tin foil bulk body for model (scale included)


Step 3: Super sculpy mold into shape with hands (rough shape)


Step 4: Bake that bad boy.


Step 5: Precision sculpt with Swiss utility knife, tooth pick, and tweezers.


Step 6: Blow torch model because you're impatient and totally burn it. Then sand down the burnt portions to hide your mistakes.


Step 7: Prime the model


Step 8: Paint model
ET VIOLA! Thats the process I used to make my T-Rex fossil tooth. Hope you like it, don't forget to comment! Thanks!

4 comments:

  1. Love the tooth Varoun, I especially love the part where you say you burnt it I think the burnt parts gives it an authentic touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just went through all the work you have posted, and I'm so impressed Varoun!! This model looks so real! Your sketches are so well done as always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! and thank you Hillay for actually going through this thing n commenting. You're a good friend as always.

    ReplyDelete